The Connolly Guest Newsletter Series
With Patrick Grant
Patrick is a British fashion designer and director of Community Clothing, a social enterprise, making quality and affordable clothes.
1. What's new?
Community Clothing. Making clothes a reason to be joyful once more.
2. What's your favourite way to waste time?
I like to spend time in the mountains. Walking or cycling, don’t mind which. And I’ve recently rediscovered baking, mostly scones.
3. What do you tune in to on a car journey?
Radio 3. It used to be Radio 4 but Brexit has put me off listening to the news.
4. What's your favourite road movie?
Withnail and I. Maybe not strictly speaking a road movie but their journey to the Lakes is the all-time best cinematic road trip.
5. Who is your ideal travelling companion?
My friend David. We’ve done thousands of miles by all sorts of different modes of transport together (though mostly car and bicycle), always hilarious and enriching.
6. What is your favourite view?
The view north-west into Glen Coe from the A82 by Etive Mor is the best view on earth.
7. What is the fastest speed at which you have travelled on land?
130mph on a Ducati.
8. If you could invent a motoring accessory, what would it be?
The internal bike box, like the spare wheel compartment but for a dismantled road bike.
9. When in London....
10. Do you have a Connolly favourite?
I love the washbags. They are super chic.